Monday, May 17, 2010

Comfort Zones

I hear over and over again on blogs and weight loss shows about getting out of your comfort zone. This is definitely something with which I do struggle. I find something I like, and I'll just keep doing that thing (whether it be certain foods or certain exercises). I'm very much a creature of habit. This often leads to me getting stuck in a rut, which leads to boredom, which leads to TROUBLE. Danger, danger, weight loss blogger!!

This weekend, the hubby and I went to a park in town that we've never been to. This park has some hiking trails. Like in the woods, with actual hills! Those who know me know I have a very Eva Gabor in Green Acres approach to nature. Yikes, that's probably a little old for some of you! What I mean is, I don't like nature, bugs, etc. We are not friends. One of my friends is trying to get me to go to Bonnaroo. I always look at the lineup every year and drool, but camping, port-o-potties, and hippies? No. I told him I'd reconsider once they put a Hilton in the middle of the festival.

Where was I going? Oh, comfort zones. I actually enjoyed hiking these paths. Granted, they weren't really long and not very far from civilization, but it was still outside of my daily comfort zone of walking a flat, paved path. I could also definitely feel the work I'd done the next day. My leg muscles were definitely tight, and I may have done something to my back. It's all good though. I plan on keeping those paths in my fitness rotation.

2 comments:

  1. I LIKE camping and concerts and I don't even want to go to Bonnaroo. And I LIVE in TN. What's wrong with me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think of the contact buzz you'd get at Bonaroo....you may not even realize you're surrounded by stinky hippies...

    ReplyDelete