Thursday, May 13, 2010

Weigh-in (and a request for a pep talk)

I'm not going to lie. My motivation has been waning the last couple of weeks. I am still tracking calories and staying within range most days. I have, however, not been eating those calories in the most healthy manner (hello, skinny cows? I might need to ban you from my house). I've been uber-stressed and kind of in a funk to boot. The workouts have been sporadic at best.

The last two weigh-ins have shown me down, but not as much as I have been averaging in the past (4-5 pounds every two weeks). Two weeks ago, I was down 2.9 pounds, and today I was down 2.1 more pounds.

I'm not mentally ready for a plateau (or even a slow-down) yet. So, please give me all the pep talk you can muster.

Total Weight Loss: -35.9 pounds

5 comments:

  1. Ugh, I am so bad about tracking calories. I'll start out really organized and with it, then slowly just go back to how I always eat :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, here's my attempt at a pep talk:
    First, go back through your food journals (or whatever you are using to track calories) and see if you are REALLY tracking correctly. Are you counting everything? Are you sneaking licks here and bites there?
    Second, check on the basics. Are you drinking a shit ton of water? Are you sleeping enough (more and more studies say weight loss is aided by a decent night's sleep)? Are you taking in too much caffeine? Are you eating a wide variety of foods?
    Third, give yourself a break. You've lost 35 pounds! That is a BIG deal. That is like four gallons of milk! (Can you even carry four gallons of milk at once? I can't.)

    Say, "Goodbye, 35 pounds. I will never see you again! And many of your friends will be with you shortly." Then smile, relax, and know that you are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rachel! I am tracking everything (even when it's bad). However, I am definitely getting into a rut. I need to add some new things into my routine for sure. As for water, I'm good with it M-F, but I struggle on the weekends. Water intake could improve for sure. My caffeine levels are about the same as always. I drink a coffee with steamed milk in the morning, and either iced tea or a diet coke with lunch. After that, I try to lay off of the caffeine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How have you been rewarding yourself? Do you have a 40 pound goal in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky, I do randomly reward myself. Hello? I love to shop. However, I should set up a more structured reward system. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete