Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Get Outside and Blow Some of the Stink off of You

I will admit that my fitness regimens have been spastic and varied since I started them again in January. I have to keep myself entertained by switching things up often as I do tend to get bored easily. As I mentioned earlier, I started out with Walk it Out for the wii, which was awesome for the cold weather months, but I pretty much have solved it the whole game and moved on now.


I added in Just Dance for the wii back in March. This is super fun, and I use it to supplement other workouts I might do. I don't think on it's own that it would be a full workout. I do sweat like mad when I do it though! It is also fun to watch the cats stare at me as if I've lost my mind while I flail about like a methed-up squirrel having a seizure. I usually make my husband leave the room if he's home. Nobody needs to see that, really.


Over the last 4 weeks or so, I have started walking quite a bit. I started off doing 2-mile walks. These took me about 50 minutes. Now, I can do 3-mile walks in about an hour. I am starting to love walking again now that the weather is so nice (allergies be damned). So, I try to do my 3-mile walk at least 3 times a week. One of my coworkers (who is quickly becoming my friend) has been walking with me at least once a week after work. I enjoy this, but I also enjoy walking alone sometimes. I am reminded of what my mom used to say to me when I was a kid and on her nerves. Why don't you get outside and blow some of the stink off of you?


I have also tried My Fitness Coach. To be fair, I've only done this once so far. I was sweating for sure. I do like that it rates your mood when you start and asks how you were able to keep up once you're done. Maya (the trainer) is definitely a little creepy in a "real doll" kind of way though. Definitely something to keep in mind for rainy day cardio. I also have done the Biggest Loser Bootcamp with Bob Harper (mmmm, Bob). Even though in reality I would probably prefer Jillian's beatings to Bob's, I do like that he has modifications on his DVDs. My knees simply can't handle jumping jacks at this size.


That's what I've been doing for fitness lately. I try to aim for 5 days a week. Some weeks, I just do 4. It feels great so far. I can feel my stress levels lowering and my energy improving overall. Stay tuned for the next thing I try. I almost bought the zumba DVDs off the TV the other day, but then I decided I should step away from the informercials.

7 comments:

  1. My mom used to say (and still does) the same thing! I always hated that phrase. It implied that I smelled bad! Usually, it was true, but hey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's what I thought when I was a kid. Now I feel like it's more mental stink that I'm getting rid of. Know what I mean? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, and I usually stink MORE when I'm done walking. Hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I just found your blog, love it! :) P.S. I LOVE the shoes in the last post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Legalmommy - Great, welcome to my blog! How did you find it? The shoes are from nordstrom's. They are borns, but they're from last year, so I don't think they have them any more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, when I think of you walking I have an image from when were were in college and you were doing your fitness walking class. You'd put that walkman on and freakin tear it up. I remember how determined you were and the ass you were kicking. KEEP IT UP GIRLFRIEND!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Walking is SUCH an awesome way to blow off steam. As a stay at home mommy of an almost-terrible-2 daughter, I gain sooooo much mental strength and rejuvenation from a nice walk at the end of the day. It's a great way to clear the head. I totally get it.

    ReplyDelete