Friday, April 16, 2010

Fitness, etc.

When I started my (what do I want to call it? Not a diet, because it's forever-but "lifestyle" sounds cheesy-thing?). Uhm, back in January, my exercise consisted of playing "Walk it Out" on the wii. It was a great way to get moving inside, because we all know how lovely midwest winters can be. It helped me greatly and was easy for me to begin with as I hadn't worked out in so long that I was essentially a beginner again. Now, I've opened all the paths and songs on that game, and I'm beginning to get a little bored with it.

Last month, I started incorporating "Just Dance", which is a LOT of fun! I'm sure I look like a total putz when I do it, but who cares if the cats stare at me? I think it'll be fun to add into my routine once in awhile, but I'm going to need something else.

I've started walking outside here and there this week. I enjoy it, but most of the paths here are pretty busy, and it can be a little unnerving sometimes dodging bikers and rollerbladers. I did find a park with a small nature path near my home, so I'll be exploring that more. I think I might have to find a class or something soon. I have access to a free gym at work and at home. However, I have a shoulder injury (frozen shoulder), and my ortho doc has advised me to not do any weight-bearing exercises until it heals. It's gotten better over the last couple of months, but it's certainly not back to 100% yet. I really miss some of the classes that I used to take, but it's going to be a bit before I'm back to that level (or even close to it). Definitely a goal I want to work toward. One of my coworkers is trying to get me to go to her boot camp class that meets at 5:15 in the morning. Yeah, not happening.

Considering water aerobics....

I'm rambly today. I'll leave you with a pic of my binary solo necklace.




2 comments:

  1. Do you want to try out YourShape? I don't think Jenny & I are making it as a couple, but I'm happy to send it over if you want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie-I kind of can't stand Jenny McCarthy as a person in general, so I'm not sure how I'd fare with that. :) I do have a few biggest loser boot camp DVDs and some Jillian Michaels DVDs that a friend just gave me. I think they're next up on the list to try.

    ReplyDelete