Friday, April 23, 2010

Trader Joe's Chicken Stir Fry

Yikes, I have been a bad little blogger this week. It's been fairly hectic at home and at work. I'll try to make it up to you by sharing a quick recipe. As you'll soon figure out, I LOVE Trader Joe's! There are so many easy things that you can make quickly and not blow your calorie budget. This recipe is super easy, and I make it nearly every week.

Trader Joe's Chicken Stir Fry

*I think I took this picture before I added in the sauce. It's like a thicker soy sauce, and very yummy!

Makes two VERY hefty servings

1 bag Trader Joe's Asian Vegetables with Beijing Style Soy Sauce (frozen)
10 ounces of Trader Joe's Grilled Chicken Strips (frozen)
1 bag Trader Joe's Organic Brown Rice (frozen)
I usually add in at least part of a bag of additional stir fry vegetables (but I don't add in more sauce than what comes in the first bag). This is all depends on what you prefer.

1. Spray pan/wok with nonstick cooking spray and heat on medium. Add veggies.
2. While veggies are cooking, thaw chicken in the microwave (these are already cooked, and take about 8 minutes to thaw)
3. By the time the chicken is done, the veggies are close to finished. Add chicken to mixture.
4. Cut the corner of the rice bag, and microwave for 3 minutes
5. Add sauce to stir fry, and heat through.

Half of this recipe adds up to roughly 474 calories. When I have more calories left, I will add a Trader Joe's Chicken Egg Roll (140 calories). Yum, yum!

1 comment:

  1. That looks tasty (and crazy easy!)

    I wish I had a TJ's closer. I have to plan to get to any of them.

    ReplyDelete